When you are missing a natural tooth, you have several replacement options to consider. While a dental implant is an option to consider, you can also replace your missing tooth with a dental bridge. A dental bridge will use neighboring natural teeth as anchors for a bridge of replacement teeth. The anchors are constructed by placing a crown on the natural teeth on each side of the gap. The bridge is a false tooth that is bonded between the anchor teeth. This option is less expensive than implants and leaves you with a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
A crown, often known as a cap, will cover or enclose the entire damaged tooth. The purpose is to restore the affected tooth to its original shape, size, use, and beauty. The finished look will make your tooth look like it did originally. The crown also provides additional strength and protection for the real tooth underneath. Advancements in technology have produced tooth-colored crowns that are made to look like your other natural teeth because the crown is made from porcelain. While most crowns will last for many years, it is possible that some may need to be replaced in time.
Why Do I Need a Crown?
- When a tooth has had a root canal.
- When a tooth has had a large filling.
- When a tooth is decayed beyond normal repair.
- When a tooth needs cosmetic enhancement.
- When a tooth is broken or fractured.
Porcelain veneers are custom-made, thin, porcelain shells that restore a tooth to its natural beauty. The tooth may have minor damage due to cracking, damage, or stains. Veneers are a wonderful way to improve the beauty of a smile. Porcelain veneers are thin, porcelain shells that are custom-fabricated to restore a cracked, damaged, or stained tooth to its original beauty.
Veneers are a great way to improve the beauty of your smile. Veneers can be used to correct a variety of situations:
- Teeth that are misaligned.
- Teeth that are uneven.
- Teeth that are irregularly shaped.
- Teeth that are cracked or chipped.
- Teeth that are aged.
- Teeth that are stained or discolored.
Porcelain veneers offer a number of obvious benefits:
- The beauty of the smile is improved.
- Veneers offer improved function for problems like chewing, overbite and TMJ problems.
- The whiteness of stained teeth is improved.
- Because they are strong and durable, veneers can are able to last for as many as 15 years.
- The porcelain used in the manufacturing of veneers gives them a very natural look.
- Porcelain veneers have demonstrated a resistance to staining by items such as tea, coffee, red wine, and cigarettes.
Morgan-Hill Dental Care is pleased to offer cosmetic dentistry services for the benefits of our local patients. Please contact our office today to learn more about our cosmetic options and how they can improve your oral health and beauty.