Emergencies of many kinds happen to everyone, and dental emergencies are not an exception. With any emergency, you can become stressed and worried. Our staff at Morgan-Hill Dental Care want to help you with your dental emergencies and relieve the stress. Call our office as soon as possible so we can help you get the needed treatment.
First an exam will be scheduled at the earliest possible time to determine the problem. Treatment options will be explained to you during that visit by our staff giving you as much information as you need to make the best choice for your situation. Once a treatment plan has been decided, a follow-up appointment will be made.
Please call our office as soon as possible so we can help. We will do our best to schedule a same day appointment to relieve a toothache, tooth injury or any other dental emergencies.
For a Tooth That is Lost or Knocked Out
If your dental emergency involves a tooth that has become lost or knocked out please follow these steps to allow the highest chance of saving the natural tooth:
- Do not touch the root of the tooth, only the crown or chewing surface.
- Carefully and gently rinse the tooth if it is dirty. Please do not use any soap or chemicals of any kind to clean the tooth. Do not scrub the tooth but dry it with a tissue or soft cloth.
- If possible, reposition the tooth into the socket as quickly as you can. Getting the tooth back into the socket as soon as possible will raise the chance of its survival.
- Hold the tooth in the socket with your finger or bite down on it gently to hold in place.
- The tooth needs to be kept moist at all times. Do not allow it to get dry. If you cannot place the tooth into the socket, put it into a cup of milk or in the cheek of your mouth. Be sure not to swallow the tooth.
If you feel you or a loved one is experiencing a dental emergency, call Morgan-Hill Dental Care to schedule an appointment today!