YOUR GORHAM, MAINE COSMETIC, SEDATION AND GENERAL DENTIST
Dentist In Gorham And Portland
Morgan Dental is your choice for expert dentistry in Portland, Maine. The term “general dentistry” incorporates several aspects of dentistry, including diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and disorders of the mouth and teeth. Many people believe dentistry focuses only on a person’s teeth. However, dental professionals also evaluate oral health risks that can influence overall health, such as oral cancer and gum disease assessments that could indicate or put a person at risk for conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, sleep apnea, hypertension, and others.
Dentistry usually involves specific evaluative practices and preventive treatments related to the oral cavity, which includes the teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks, throat, and the roof of the mouth. General dentists emphasize proper oral hygiene to prevent oral diseases. Good oral hygiene practices include brushing and flossing daily and regular check-ups with a dental professional like Dr. Ted Morgan. We are here to be your preferred dentist in the greater Portland, Maine area.
Besides performing dental and oral examinations, x-rays, and diagnosis, general dentists offer treatment options for many different kinds of conditions. Some examples include…
- Restorative treatments (fillings, crowns, inlays, onlays and dental veneers)
- Prosthetic options (dentures, partial dentures, dental bridges, dental implants)
- Endodontic therapy (root canals)
- Periodontal therapy (teeth cleaning, root planing, gum treatments)
- Exodontia (extraction of teeth)
- Tooth replacement (single and multiple dental implants, dental bridges)
- Cosmetic treatments (teeth whitening, dental veneers, dental bonding, dental implants, orthodontia)
- Sedation options (conscious sedation, anxiolysis)
At Morgan Dental Care, we offer a variety of general dentistry treatment options. We welcome anyone who would like a positive experience in the dental chair. The skilled team at Morgan Dental Care looks forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your best smile!
Morgan Dental Care serves the following Greater Portland, Maine areas: